2011年11月10日星期四

An Enchanting Secular Ceremony

Good morning people! Time for another beautiful real wedding on Love My Dress. This latest addition to the fabulous collection of Real Weddings on Love My Dress celebrates the coming together of Sharon and Will, who got married on 11 September this year at Sharon's parents farm, near Tiverton in Devon.
semi formal dresses
This wedding is a little different to most that I see submitted to Love My Dress, in that the ceremony was a secular (non-religious) one. Sharon told me, "...the central part of our wedding was the ceremony which we worked with an organisation called 'Once Arts and Ceremonies' to create. We knew a church wedding wasn't for us and a humanist ceremony didn't feel quite right for us either. We then heard about Once , who create very personal secular ceremonies.

Our celebrant was amazing and worked with us for many months before the wedding to create the most unique and magical ceremony. It was such an enlightening and empowering process and also helped us really prepare mentally for the step we were about to take."

This lovely wedding was submitted by London documentary wedding photographer and wedding photojournalist, Mark Carey, and you can see more Mark Carey Photography on the Love My Dress Wedding Blog here. There are so many elements of this wedding that I love; the Bride's pretty loose up-do, the gorgeous bouquet, the Tipis, the pretty vintage style dress and the quite beautiful and unusual ceremony...
floral dresses
Love My Dress Wedding Blog - Photography Copyright (c) 2010, Mark Carey

An Enchanting Secular Ceremony - Photography by London & surrounding Counties Wedding Photographer and Wedding Photo Journalist, Mark Carey...
"I actually lost my shoes on the morning of the wedding and didn't find them in time! I luckily had a pair of ivory shoes from my sister's wedding and they actually seemed to go much better with my dress that the one's I bought!"

An Enchanting Secular Ceremony - Photography by London & surrounding Counties Wedding Photographer and Wedding Photo Journalist, Mark Carey...
semi formal dresses
An Enchanting Secular Ceremony - Photography by London & surrounding Counties Wedding Photographer and Wedding Photo Journalist, Mark Carey...

Sharon's beautiful dress was a Manuel Mota for Pronovias from Parham House Brides in Dunster on Exmoor...

"Exmoor is very special to me so I was so pleased to be able to get my dress from there! Unfortunately this dress is a few seasons old (think 2008) and is no longer available new and seems quite rare to find second hand. I'd tried on so many dresses and none felt like 'me'. I had an idea that I wanted something with a bit of a vintage feel and with lace but just could not seem to find the right dress. Just when I was loosing heart I remembered someone mentioning the shop above and the dress felt right instantly!"

没有评论:

发表评论